January 18, 2023
- RECWGHT, INFLTWT, and XTIMEWT have all been corrected for the 2018 American Time Use Survey. We advise researchers to regenerate estimates with the revised weights.
October 25, 2021
- The 2018 American Time Use Survey is now available.
July 19, 2021
- We fixed an error in the 1930 USDA Homemaker Studies: College Women survey dataset that incorrectly calculated clock start and stop variables, and we fixed errors in HHTYPE and EDUC.
February 24, 2021
- We fixed an error that resulted in time use variables that were empty for 1965 forward.
December 29, 2020
- The 1930 USDA Homemaker Studies: College Women survey is now available.
September 16, 2019
- Corrected an error in ALONE_ALT; too many activities were previously being assigned as happening alone. We have now restricted ALONE_ALT to take a value of 1 only if the respondent reported being alone and not with others. For more information, please see ALONE_ALT. Users should also note that this change has implications for time use variables indicating time spent alone; users should re-sbumit extracts which contain time use variables that apply the "alone" who filter.
April 26, 2017
October 31, 2016
- The system now returns values for the uber cateogry "Travelling" in the location filter of the time use variable creation process. Previously, it would only return time for the travel sub-categories.
January 27, 2016
- Added data for respondents under 18.
September 1, 2015
- Released Version 1.0 of AHTUS-X. The data currently available in the system was released in July 2013 by the Centre for Time Use Research.